What is a professional home stager:
Professional stagers are highly skilled artists. They can take a blank canvas and paint a sensuous portrait without ever lifting a paint brush. Stagers possess the skills of a top-level designer and they create dramatic scenery that appeals to all five senses. Here are some of their secrets:
What Accessories Does a Stager Use?
- Arrange sparse pieces of furniture in an appealing grouping known as a vignette
- Showcase a generous usage of soft fabrics such as silk, lambswool, satin
- Display unusual knickknacks in units of 1, 3 or 5
- Drape window coverings with simple lines
- Add unique elements to shelving, bookcases and fireplace mantels, which draw attention to predetermined areas.
Stagers bring in a vast array of items to spruce up the house. Here is a small sampling of items professional stagers often use to dress each room. How they are utilized is limited only by the creativity and vision of the stager.
Professional Staging Tricks & Tips
- Silk Flowers
- Floor & Table Lamps,
- Area and Throw Rugs
- Small Love Seats
- Inflatable Queen-Size Beds
- Plastic Tables & Chairs
The idea behind staging is to allow rooms to show themselves. If your home is vacant, it's soulless. Without staging, it will probably remain on the market for many months. The kitchen is the heart of the home, and offers this practical advice for making that space sparkle:
- Apply orange oil to cabinets that appear dry, which will renew their original luster
- Put out large bowls of fruit such as polished apples, bright oranges, luscious grapes
- Arrange colorful and fun cookbooks on the counters
Bringing the outdoors inside is possible through the use of greenery and plants; in creating clean, crisp spaces and arranging furniture with plenty of room to walk around. Bathrooms are essential to dress well. Bathrooms should look open, airy and delightful. A good trick is to add baskets filled with spa treatments such as:
- Towels, tied with ribbons
- Scented soaps
- Creamy lotions
- Moisturizing & Facial jars
The back yard needs staging, too. For patios and decks, Dawna brings in plants and potted flowers, and adds additional color by setting the picnic table with bright, plastic dinner plates.